Friday, April 29, 2016

Work, Work, Work

You know that uncomfortable feeling when you feel like you are doing all the work, and the rest of your team is just showing up and not doing anything?  Well, Isaiah, Sam, and I feel that way ALL THE TIME!  We have been hard at work fixing up our "new" old house and it seems like every time that we turn around, Mama and Daddy are just sitting on their bums looking at the nice view, or grilling out, or drinking wine on the observation deck.  I feel like we are doing all the work, all the time!  Here are some pictures as we work outside...since someone needs to get something done once in a while.
We had Sammy mowing lawn here; Dad is just over there looking at trees!
Later, when we are working hard, we can't even find Daddy; behind the house, he is
just grilling some BBQ chicken while we children are trying to improve the property.
Poor Mom is just so enamored of the sun and lake, she is good for nothing--we humor
her every once in awhile with a photo op between chores.
Dad just stands there barking out orders and yelling for Sam to come get his pitchfork and get to work.


BEFORE
AFTER
Here we have a before and after...when Isaiah, Sam, and I did a nice mulching job around the house.  I think Mom and Dad were taking a nap while we did all this weeding.
After a long hard day of burning brush, Ellie and I reward ourselves with a s'more
Taming the beach--someone has to do all the work!
Taming the woods with our friend Rowan who came to visit us...
Sam and I building a raised bed for a vegetable garden--where are the "responsible" parents?  They are sitting on the couch inside eating popcorn and ice cream.  Someone should probably report them to the police for child abuse and neglect.

No comments:

Post a Comment