Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Waning Days of Summer

The summer is waning, and the days are sometimes cooler. Leaves are changing; and the colors of fall are making their debut. I have been trying to make the best of the last days of summer, before the cold weather takes over and playing outside gets more difficult. Over the last few weeks, I have had ample opportunity to enjoy friends, old and new, doing many different activities. Above I am pictured with mom and some other old ladies with whom she went to high school; I got to play with these ladies' kids after the Labor Day Parade in Grammie and Papa's town.

My cousin Braeden has started back at school now, but my other boy-cousins, Ethan and Jackson, came to visit me a short-while ago before their new sister was born. Here we were making beautiful music together on my piano.


I have also spent some time playing outdoors with my friend, Claire, who is my neighbor. We had dinner in her backyard last month...what a great time we had!!


Another recent event in my life was the amazing air show, starring lots of airplanes and helicopters, including the kind my Daddy flies!! Nana and Grandpa came to hang out with me at the show, and Papa brought Braeden and Ethan to the airshow also; we all ate ice cream and watched those noisy planes fly around!! Mama brought these huge ear muffs for my head, which were not very comfortable but did drown out some of the noise of those fighter jets! I tried to make her go crazy by continuously taking these off when she wasn't paying attention...I think it worked!!

We all had a great time at the air show, and it proved to be one of the highlights of my summer.

But, now summer is coming to a close...and I hope you have also been taking advantage of these nicer days! Soon it will be snowing...which gets Mama and me in the mood for Christmas!! Bring on the autumn season; I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment