Saturday, February 5, 2011

Reading, Reading, and More Reading

We have had quite a few visitors at our house lately; these visitors are mostly extended family members who come to visit me, their favorite person!! Whenever I can, I talk them into reading me a book. Above you see me with my Uncle Russ, who just got back from a long absence to someplace called Iraq; he is a pretty good reader...and I, of course, requested my favorite book, "A Crack in the Track." Or as I fondly refer to it as, "Crack Track!"


I also had the pleasure of my Aunt Sara and Uncle Geoff coming to visit along with their crazy kids, my cousins Braeden, Ethan, Jackson and Lydia, who happened to visit on the same weekend that my Aunt Abbey was visiting. Braeden, though he is only six and in the 1st grade, is an excellent reader. He even reads chapter books!! Here he is reading me the "Berenstein Bears Forget their Manners;" though I can assure you that neither he nor I ever forget our own manners!


What can I say? I love books...and I can't wait until I can read on my own! Until then, I will rely on my various extending family members and friends, and, of course, Daddy and Mama, to continue reading me these stories. Even Daddy enjoys being read to once in awhile, as in the picture above, where Grandpa Nick was also sweet-talked into reading "Crack Track" for us...Daddy went Night Night even better than me after that story!

No comments:

Post a Comment