Today was the birthday of our nation! To celebrate, I joined the local neighborhood kids for a parade on our street! We had a ton of fun! Nana and Grandpa came down for the event, and they helped me decorate my wagon for the parade. Everywhere you looked, there were flags flying and streamers and banners. All the kids had fancy decorations on their bikes and/or wagons. My boy-neighbors even won a prize for their decorations! There was a fire truck at our parade too, which had a loud horn; overall, I think everyone who attended agrees it was THE social event of the season!!
It was very nice for all the neighbors to get together to celebrate our independence, but it does make one stop and meditate on the blessings that we enjoy as citizens of the USA. I am thankful for soldiers like my Uncle Kelly and Daddy who help take care of us and keep us safe.
Come home soon, Uncle Kelly, and come and visit me; I will be sure to make you something good to eat in my kitchen!!
Happy Fourth of July!
No comments:
Post a Comment