Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter 2011!


What an exciting week of egg hunting and chocolate and celebrating Jesus' sacrifice for the world! I have had some fun times this week, learning the art of the egg hunt. As you will see in the video below, I have nearly perfected the skill!


You don't get this good overnight; it has been hard work! I practiced at the church egg hunt last weekend, and then also again here at home and at Nana and Grandpa's house. However, yesterday, I hit the Easter Egg Jackpot--the eggs were filled with candy and money!--at Grammie and Papa's house, where there were 250 eggs hidden for my cousins and me to find! Thankfully, the week of rain finally had a pause so that we didn't get completely soaked during our hunt!


This morning, I found another surprise when I woke up; before church, Mama and Daddy told me there was a special basket that I needed to find to celebrate Easter day! I found it in one of my favorite hiding spots-behind the mirror in the guest room! It was full of candy and snacks and books and jammies and a new spill-proof bubble bucket! I don't know why they think I need a spill-proof one; I was doing just fine with the regular bubbles!! Crazy parents...

All in all, it has been an eventful and fun week; but our house has remembered the reason we celebrate-->it isn't for the eggs and candy and fun, but to remember that Jesus conquered death and sin!

Jesus is risen!! Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment