Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend


Finally, after all the recent rain (days and days of it!), we saw the sunshine this weekend. Given all the rain, however, lots of things are blooming and growing. Our family was able to go and enjoy the outdoors and growing things by visiting the farmer's market on Saturday! While we were there, we saw Great Uncle Steve at his market booth, selling arugula, salad mix and wild ramps! I stood behind his table for awhile to help boost his sales with my cuteness factor!


It did end up raining a little more after we left the market, but luckily today was sunny and nice all day long! After church, we had a little cook-out, eating some fresh grass-fed burgers purchased at the farmer's market yesterday, with our next door neighbors before we took a nice Sunday afternoon nap. When we woke up, Mama and Daddy and I headed to the zoo to further enjoy the weather and see the animals.


Daddy and I rode on the carousel, and we saw the lions and tigers and bears...in addition to the penguins, condors, deer, and jaguar. The snow leopard was leaping around his cage, like he was happy about the sunshine also! It has been a very nice weekend, and hopefully the sun decides to stick around more this week. Until then, we will enjoy it while it lasts!


Happy Mother's Day to my Mama. Once again, I will remind you how lucky you are to have me as your daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment