Today was a special Sunday...instead of having our regular church service, Mom, Dad and I went to a couple of community parks to pick up trash. We didn't have any regular church services this weekend; instead, several hundred people went into our local communities to visit with the elderly, provide food to local missions, and do community service projects. This was all done in an effort to show people Jesus' love and serve as a church body. Though I am not yet 12 weeks old, I am no stranger to helping others. I regularly attend an urban after-school program with Dad, where we help refugee children use an English language program on computers. They are big fans of mine; and they always ask about me when Dad leaves me at home to go by himself. I think volunteering is a good idea; what have you done for someone less fortunate lately? The big perk today was getting my very own iCare tee-shirt; Mom and Dad have matching ones too; we looked really cool as a matching family, but I hope they realize that I will refuse to dress like them when I am a teenager.
I love reading what you write Ellie V. You make Grammie laugh out loud. Everyone at the airport (sitting near me) heard your comment about not wanting to dress like your parents. They do dress pretty nerdy sometimes (but don't tell them I said that!) I am counting down the days until we get to play all day. Te quiro mucho! Tengo besos y abrazos para te!
ReplyDelete