Saturday, April 25, 2009

Stop and Smell the Tulips (and Great Grandparents!)


My Mom and Dad are not very good gardeners, although Dad is better at keeping things alive than Mama. Thank goodness for perennial flowers like our beautiful tulips, so that our yard isn't a complete wasteland. Dad and I think they smell good.

And speaking of other good-smelling things, I finally got to meet my namesake last night, Great Grandma Virginia "Ginnie," and my Great Papa Larry; they are my Grammie Laurie's parents. They have a cool house on wheels, which is so exciting that I found it hard to take a nap there. I got to have dinner with Great Papa, Great Grandma, Aunt Abbey and my parents. It was fun, and the weather was very accommodating for a picnic. I received a fabulous new toy from my Great Grandparents, it is an amazing bear that lights up and plays a million songs! I really like it; I cannot stop staring at it, and when it plays I get really excited and wave my arms and legs....bet you wish you had one too.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ellie... I know what Tulips smell like but what do GREAT GRANDPARENTS SMELL LIKE? Did they smell good? I love you!!! I will see on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete